Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on Reclaiming you content if you no longer have an SE account

Reclaiming you content if you no longer have an SE account

+8
−0

It's not the end of the world if this is not possible, but I would like to reclaim my content. The problem is, I no longer have an SE account of any kind. I asked them to delete my main account because I felt I could no longer subscribe to the code of conduct.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (7 comments)
General comments
Amadeus‭ wrote over 4 years ago · edited over 4 years ago

Hi Mark! I thought I've seen answers on SE for deleted users, as user123456 or something. If you can remember some Q or A of yours, maybe you can search for it and see if it is still shown. Then reclaim those posts as your own.

Mark Baker‭ wrote over 4 years ago

Well, my stuff is listed as user16226 on SE, but it appears as "System" here. But I wouldn't know how to reclaim them even if I found them.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 4 years ago

Hmm, that didn't work -- tried to move this to meta by editing the title, but no luck. Since there are no answers yet, how would you feel about reposting it there and deleting this version? (Go to the "meta" tab and click on "ask meta question".) Including your SE user number from your comment will help. Clearly we need to work out migration...

Sure. Thought I was asking on meta though.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 4 years ago

Sorry for the confusion. I think you got caught by the two different versions of the "ask" button. Hey, it's a work in progress...

Actually, no, it looks like a bug. When I try to ask a meta question, I get the banner saying it is a meta question, but then when I press ask, I get a banner saying I am asking on the main site. So it does not seem possible to ask on meta right now, or else I'm missing something in my question and when the message comes up telling me there is an error, the post is somehow moved from meta to main.

ArtOfCode‭ wrote over 4 years ago · edited over 4 years ago

You can ask on meta, @MarkBaker - go to ask a meta question, type your question, and click ask (or post, I forget what it says) at the bottom, not "Ask!" right at the top. I'll move this one over for now.