What content parts should a technical (IT) CV have?
I've been struggling for a while with my CV and I need help on deciding which sections should I include in it? I lack the formatting skill, I remember studying in school how to prepare my CV - there were specific rules, but since then the times have changed tremendously.
I prefer having the following sections:
- Contact information - very basic - just name, address and telephone;
- Profile Summary - a brief description of what's happened so far in my professional development;
- Skill Set - a tabular representation of the basic skills I acquired so far;
- Work experience;
It is relevant to say that I live in Europe and I'm not native English speaker, so I might lack very basic notion about the art of writing a CV.
Please - feel welcomed to express your opinion on:
- whether this section set is sufficient?
- whether I intent to use the sections correctly?
- do I break any standards, if I prepare my CV the way I'm planning? should "Skill Set" section be exhaustive (we - the IT people - use enormous amount of buzz words), or should mark the general areas of competency?
- What, besides languages, should go in Additional?
Any help is highly appreciated!